Well, this doesn’t look good
Cat and I recorded two nights in a row, because there was no way we could let this episode go by without mention. Listen to us discuss that unexpected turn of events (that Cat unknowingly predicted) as we try to figure out if this new power player will change the game, and whether Carl’s death actually humanized Negan in our eyes.
Last Sunday brought the mid-season premiere of The Walking Dead, and the long, drawn out (and unnecessary) death of original character Carl Grimes. Listen to Cat and I discuss how pissed we (and by we, I mean I) am about Carl’s demise, what we think it will mean for the show, and who we think is next on the chopping block.
The SFPL crew found a way to push our busy schedules to the side and all come together so that we could discuss the unexpected WTH-ness of the latest entry into the Cloverfield universe. To say that there were some…strong feelings might be a bit of an overstatement :).
You can listen to the podcast here: http://scifipartyline.com/2018/02/sci-fi-party-line-297-the-cloverfield-paradox/
Dragon Con is just over TWO WEEKS AWAY and I am starting to feel excited. Once again, I will get to represent Sci-Fi Party Line as media. I will also be sitting on a few panels and for the first time, I get to be a judge for a costume contest! Bring it on!
As of right now, I will be sitting on two panels each from the American SF & Fantasy Media and YA Lit Tracks. This is the information I have so far; I will continue to update this post as new information comes about (dates/times are subject to change):
Friday, September 2
- Shannara Chronicles- Ellcrys Visions (Friday, Sept. 1 10:00 AM. Room M301-303, Marriott) MTV expands on their original content with the premiere season of the adaptation of Terry Brooks’ epic series. This first year we meet some of the main characters and then lost them. Did you think they achieved what they tried to or is this a series that will need to grow?
- The Whedon Track Costume Contest
(Friday, Sept. 1 4:00 PM. Macon Room, Sheraton) Have a costume inspired by the works of Joss Whedon? Enter our costume contest for a chance to win a prize in one of our 6 categories. Cancelled to accommodate additional track guests.
Saturday, September 3
- Game of Thrones – Moving Past the Page (Saturday, Sept. 2, 11:30 AM. Room M301-303, Marriott) Season Review – As we move past the books, viewers were treated to upheavals in most of the factions within a song of Ice and Fire. Keeping to the series, we’ll discuss how this season changed so much within this world.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Special Rehearsal Edition) Discussion (Saturday, Sept. 3, 1:00PM. International North, Hyatt) Cursed Child SPOILER ZONE! We’ll discuss reactions, theories, and how Cursed Child does (or doesn’t) fit in with canon, and how it impacts fans.
Sunday, September 4
- Fantastic Beasts and the Upcoming Movie Trilogy (Sunday, Sept. 3, 4:00 PM. Centennial I, Hyatt) We’re two months from the movie–what do we know? What are we excited to see? What about the new stories about the American wizarding world and Ilvermorny?
Dragon Con is the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film. Every Labor Day weekend, about 40,000 people crowd the streets and take over the hotels of downtown Atlanta to meet friends, celebrities, cosplay and totally geek out. This year’s event will take place September 2-5. Ticket information can be found on the official website.
You can read more about my experiences at Dragon Cons past at this link.
This past weekend three of the members of SFPL got together to discuss the shocking, and unwelcome demise of one of our favorite characters from Sleepy Hollow, Lt. Abigail Mills. (And no, I’m STILL not okay with this.)
Cat, Darrell and I also pay some tribute to Joe Corbin, who we lost in the previous episode, and reflect on one of last season’s shocking departures in the form of Captain Frank Irving, played by Orlando Jones.
You can listen to the episode here; you can also read my views on the departure of Nicole Beharie/Abby Mills here.
In this extreme talkfest, Cat, Carl, Eric and I have a very lengthy recap and discussion on the emotionally heavy and shocking season 5 finale of Game of Thrones. Anything you probably ever wanted to know about how we feel about GoT, you’ll find it in the (almost) three hour show. NOTE: There were some audio issues during this podcast due to crappy weather/internet connectivity issues.
You can also read my recap/review of the season finale here.
SN: HE IS NOT DEAD!!!!!